Get a student from Web Development as an intern
New ideas | New angles | New knowledge
An internship agreement is a wonderful opportunity to resolve concrete tasks and at the same time meet an almost completely educated Web Development bachelor who is able to look at the company’s areas of work with a different set of eyes.
Internships are in the third semester, after 1 year of study.
With an internship agreement you get:
- extra manpower for planning, design and development of web applications
- the opportunity to try out a prospective employee in practice
- the opportunity to provide a student with valuable practical experience.
Most interns write their bachelor project for the company during their internship. The bachelor project is a good opportunity for the company to clarify a particular area e.g., implement a specific analysis or get extra resources for a current development task.
The intern can work with the development of web technologies on a variety of distribution platforms. The company can get help with everything from advanced web development projects, where the products are directed towards many different platforms, for example, the use of video and audio in integrated communication solutions.
Below you can see some examples of internship assignments and bachelor projects:
- Developing web applications – from concept to design, construction and testing
- Analysing web applications with focus on increasing user-friendliness and taking advantage of synergies with other media applications
- Plan, design and implement web applications
- Development of applications for mobile devices
- Manufacture of interactive products, games and company presentations
- Online branding of the company focusing on the involvement of multiple platforms
In addition to this, the intern can help with other miscellaneous tasks and should be included in the department’s regular daily routines.
The cooperative relationship between the student and the company will of course vary from company to company. What is important is a positive and ambitious attitude towards the cooperation from both parties.
We have compiled some good advice that will help you as well as the student to benefit as much as possible from the internship.
- Student and company adjust expectations prior to the internship period. This involves tasks to be performed, working hours and other expectations to ensure mutually satisfactory cooperation.
- Always feel free to contact the student’s internship counsellor at the Academy for inspiration, information or advice concerning the internship.
- The student is completing an internship in order to learn. Make sure you provide a good mixture of tasks of both a challenging and also a more routine-based nature. Some are able to handle a lot of responsibility from day one, others need a more careful dosage.
- It is recommended to link the student to one or more contacts throughout the internship, individuals who can help guide, inspire and motivate the student.
- Think about and discuss what could be a good subject for the student’s final exam project. Some agree on the subject at an early stage, whereas others wait until they know each other a little better.
- Introduce the student to the entire company, look at the intern as a ‘fully accepted’ member of the team.
- Be proactive – talk to the student or the Academy if something is not quite as expected.
- The student, the company and Business Academy Aarhus will sign an internship agreement prior to the internship.
To ensure the right match between students and companies, we have compiled a list of requirements to internship companies (pdf)
The internship period begins in January or August.
The student can be associated with the company for 3-5 months depending on whether he/she writes their bachelor project in cooperation with the company.
Internships are in the third semester, after 1 year of study.
As the internship is a part of the Web Development programme, your company is not obliged to pay a salary to the intern.
The company is allowed to give the student a ‘token’ payment of up to 3000 DKK per month.
Subsidies for transport, rent and a phone, which the student can document are related to the internship, can be given without affecting the student's educational grant (SU).
The programme in Web Development is a top-up bachelor degree to the Computer Science or Multimedia Design and Communication programmes.
The programme takes 1½ years and qualifies the student to work with the development of web technologies within a variety of application fields and distribution platforms, such as the web developers, web designers, front-end developers, interface developers or media integrators.
The student and internship supervisor at the Academy are obligated to be totally discrete regarding all business relationships concerning the company, both in connection with the internship and the internship report. This duty of confidentiality also applies after the internship. The internship report will remain fully confidential if the student clearly writes ‘Confidential’ on the front page of their internship report.
If the internship takes place in a company in Denmark, the student is covered by the act on worker's compensation (lov om arbejdsskadesikring), cf. executive order no. 937 from 26 November 2003, and by the act on liability for damages (lov om erstatningsansvar).
If the internship takes place in a company outside of Denmark, then it is the student's responsibility to examine and assess whether he or she can be covered by the company's insurance polcicies. In cases where the student is not covered by the company's insurance, the student must ensure that they have any necessary insurance.
You can find an intern by placing an advert in our job portal
It’s free, and your advert will be available to all students who are looking for an internship company.
In the advert, explain what tasks you want solved and what expectations you have to the student’s competencies and personal profile.
Here are some examples of companies that have had students in an internship from Web Development.
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us.