Best internship company for 2023 wanted!
Students from the Academy’s 28 higher education programmes can now nominate their internship company as Denmark's best internship company
You and your internship company can now be a part of the race to be crowned as Denmark’s best internship experience.
Business Academy Aarhus invites all former and current students in an internship – in Denmark or internationally – to take part in the competition.
Internships are the DNA of business academies
Internships are the DNA of business academies
‘The interaction with companies is the central focal point for us. This competition emphasises the valuable partnership we have with companies and our practice-orientated educational programmes, which is the DNA of business academies,’ says Anne Storm Rasmussen, Business Academy Aarhus’ Rector.
A tribute to excellent cooperation
Every year, more than 1,800 students from Business Academy Aarhus do an internship. An internship is compulsory on all of Business Academy Aarhus’ higher education programmes. The competition presents a perfect opportunity for the students to give their internship company a pat on the back and say thanks.
‘During their internship, students really get to use their skills and convert their knowledge into value. For many of our students, an internship also opens the door to a job.’ says Rector Anne Storm Rasmussen.
About this year's best internship company
De studerende indstiller virksomheden, hvor de har været i praktik.
The students nominate their internship company.
Students who have done their internship whilst doing their AP degree or their Bachelor top-up in autumn 2022 or spring 2023 can nominate the company they were at (or their own company) via this online form
The internship is evaluated according to:
- personal and professional development
- the social experience
- turning knowledge into value.
It is possible to nominate your internship company until Sunday 26 March 2023.
How to participate in the competition
If you did your internship in the academic year 2022-2023, you can nominate your internship company via this form.
The selection of the five nominees is based on your nomination, so get the jury’s attention with good examples and explanations, which support precisely why your internship company should win.
International students nominate through the same form (you might have to change the language to English).
Winner chosen in the spring
A jury will select the winner during spring 2023.
10.000 DKK up for grabs for the national winner
If you win Business Academy Aarhus’ Internship of the Year, you, and the winners from the other seven business academies in Denmark will present your internships to a national jury on Tuesday 23 May 2023 at Scandic Kødbyen in Copenhagen. The jury consists of key people from the Danish business community. There is a 10,000 DKK cash prize (sponsored by HK Denmark) up for grabs for the winner💰👀.
See the video (57 sec.) from the 2022 final at Industriens Hus in Copenhagen (only in Danish):
8th year in a row
The competition will be held locally for the 8th year in a row and nationally for the 7th year in a row.
Aarhus interns are often at the top of the podium
Students from Business Academy Aarhus are typically represented on the award’s podium at the national final every second year.
The Academy’s students and their internship companies have thus won the main prize four times, the Jury’s Special Prize twice and the Audience’s Award once. For two years in a row, the Academy’s finalists were double winners.
- In 2022, at the Confederation of Danish Industry in Copenhagen (pictured), computer scientist Maria Nielsen and Vertica won the main prize AND the Audience’s Award after winning the local final at Business Academy Aarhus.
- In 2021, at the final at Centraværksted in Aarhus, Agro Business and Landscape Management student, Michelle Nielsen and Danish Agro, won the main prize AND the Audience’s Award, after winning the local final at Business Academy Aarhus.
- In 2019, at the final in Børsen in Copenhagen, our Financial Management student Louise Kjær Petersen and Ramboll Management Consulting won the Jury’s Special Prize, after winning the local final at Business Academy Aarhus.
- In 2018, at the final in LEGO House in Billund, our Financial Management and Services’ student Daniel Vistisen and the accounting company EY Aarhus won the main prize, after winning the local final at Business Academy Aarhus.
- In 2016, at the final at the Odense Congress Center in 2016, our International Sales and Marketing student Mads Fuglsang Hedegaard and Dansk Supermarked Group won the main prize, after winning the local final at Business Academy Aarhus.