SU Office

SU - Danish state educational support

Danish citizens

Find information on SU for Danish students (only in Danish)

Foreign citizens

If you are not a Danish citizen, you have to meet certain requirements in order to be able to receive SU. 

See the current rules and regulations regarding SU for a foreign citizen

Application process

You can apply for SU up to 3 months prior to study start.

Fill in the application form online at

When you have filled out the application form you have to print the receipt. On the receipt there is also a link to a form that you need to print out and fill in as well. 

When you have filled in the forms bring your application and documentation to the SU office at your department. The processing time is normally 2 months – but can be longer in certain busy times. The Danish Agency for Higher Education and Educational Support decides whether or not to grant you SU. 

SU (government grant) and study activity, new rules. 

If you start on a higher education programme on 1 July 2016, or later, and get SU while you are studying, you cannot postpone your programme for more than 6 months (equivalent to 30 ECTS) in proportion to the number of months that you have received SU for your programme. If you postpone your programme for more than 6 months, your SU will be stopped.

This also applies if you start on a top-up programme after 1 July 2016.

If you started on your programme before 1 July 2016, the previous rules still apply. Here you can postpone your programme for upto 12 months before your SU will be stopped.

We regularly check your study activity.

Read more about the SU rules on study acticity (in Danish only)

Feel free to contact us if you need any help.

Sønderhøj, Ringvej Syd, Hasselager Allé and Navitas

Ulla Kirstine Nørgaard

Phone: +45 7228 6084

Opening hours
Monday 12.00–14.00
Tuesday 10.00-12.00 (only on phone)
Wednesday closed
Thursday 10.00-12.00
Friday closed

Opening times apply for both personal and telephonic enquiries.

The SU counsellors can be found at SU Spot next to Student Services Centre at Søndehøj 30 in Viby.


Anne Lyngkilde
Anne Lyngkilde

Phone: +45 7228 6402
Mobile: + 45 4188 3102

Opening hours
Friday 9.00-12.00

Check your e-boks

Many students have important, unread post in their e-boks from SU administration. Have you remembered to check yours? 

Check your e-boks

The SU office is closed for the summer

From 9 July to 29 August, our SU office are closed for the summer.