The market analysis
Market information sources
Which issues might you look into during the desk research? This model compiles issues and mention types of sources (pdf) - both primary and secondary - that might be useful
It can be difficult to estimate the market size or the market supply. We've made a few guides:
- Classification schemes - an overview
In this presentation, we explain the different international classification schemes, which are the basic tool of quantification and segmentation of enterprises.
- Classification schemes - correspondance tables
If you'd like to find a corresponding code from one classification scheme in another, Eurostat have made a list - be very careful to choose the right edition of the classificaltion system!
The Danish market
- Quantification or the estimatimation of market size can be tricky. Here's a video that explains the details with focus on the Danish market using Statistics Denmark
- Product classification codes in the Combined Nomenclature (used at Statistics Denmark):
- List of codes and descriptions (choose download format)
- The CN search engine helps you find the right codes
The European Union
- A step-by-step instruction on the same topic [pdf] - for the European market with Eurostat
- Product classification codes in the PRODCOM system (used at Eurostat):
- List of codes and descriptions - search field searches on one page only; best strategy is to look for the topic in the heading and then unfold the hierarchy,
- The Search engine helps you find the right codes. Results show ALL classification schemes - look for PRODCOM.
When data are inadequate
What to do when the data are inadequate? Read this guide to get some ideas. The guide is written in collaboration with Tine Frandsen, teacher at BA ISM