Residency Permit and CPR (Personal Identification Number)

Tuesday 20 August from 9-13: Residency permit for EU/EAA students

We have arranged for incoming EU/EAA students to get their residency permit before the official semester begins. Please save Tuesday 20 August from 9-13 for this. 

Please be aware that this takes place at: SIRI, Åboulevarden 31, 1st floor, 8000 Aarhus C. 

All paperwork on this day is fast-tracked, so you will receive your residence permit immediately (provided you have the correct paperwork).

If you arrive in Denmark more than 6 weeks before semester start, or are unable to attend this day, you will need to arrange these permits yourself and make your own appointment. 

Get more information on permits here 

What you need have:

  • Passport/ID card
  • 2 copies of passport (only photo page OR 2 copies of ID card (both sides)
  • 1 passport photo (real photo, not printed copy)
  • 1 copy of your Confirmation attest from the Academy
  • 1 copy of the blue EU health card (both sides)
  • Application form for residence certificate (PDF online here). Filled out before!
  • Documentation of your Danish address (for at least 4 weeks). You need to bring proof that rent has been paid for the 4 weeks.

Failure to have the correct and completed documents will delay the process greatly and result in you having to complete the process individually at a later date. Further questions about the residency permit should be directed to SIRI - contact details here

Friday 23 August: CPR (Personal Identification Number) for all students living in Aarhus Municipality 

On Friday 23 August, Citizens’ Services will be coming to Business Academy Aarhus so that you can get your personal identification number, which is known as a CPR number in Denmark. You will also be able to choose a doctor. Everybody who will be staying in Denmark for more than 3 months should do this.

Please note, you must have received your residency permit first (see above - Residency permit for EU/EAA students)

This is for both EU and non-EU students but you must live in Aarhus Municipality (if you do not live in Aarhus Municipality, please see here)

You must register online first, once you have received your residency permit - but you must NOT book an appointment with Citizen Services.

You must bring the following documents in Danish, English or German:

  • EU residence document from the The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI)
  • Passport or national ID with photo (must include your place of birth)
  • Proof of your address in Denmark e.g. a rental contract
  • Marriage certificate, if you are married - even if your partner is not accompanying you
  • Divorce certificate, if you are divorced
  • Death certificate, if you are a widow(er)
  • Birth certificate for any accompanying child under 18
  • Documents concerning legal custody, if you are not married to your child's other parent.

Further questions about the CPR number should be directed to Citizen Services - contact details here