- the Danish state grant

Danish citizens

Find information on SU for Danish students (only in Danish)

Foreign citizens

If you are not a Danish citizen, you have to meet certain requirements in order to be able to receive SU. 

See the current rules and regulations regarding SU as a foreign citizen

Application process

You can apply for SU up to 3 months prior to study start.

Fill in the application form online at

When you have filled out the application form you have to print the shown receipt. On the receipt there is a link to a form that you need to print out and fill in as well. 

When finished you have to bring your application and documentation to the SU office at your department. The processing time is normally 2 months – and when busy, even longer. It is the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Educational Support that decides whether or not to grant you SU.


Contact the Danish Agency for Higher Education for further information: 7231 7800.

You are also more than welcome to contact our SU Office in case you need any help. 

Contact an SU Counsellor

SU Counselling