Leadership in Practice (not offered at the moment)
With 'Leadership in Practice' you qualify yourself to perform leadership functions in practice, while at the same time you develop your personal leadership style.
Skilful leaders are conscious of their own conduct and management style and familiar with relevant leadership and collaboration forms. Therefore, it is important that you as a leader know your own strengths and weaknesses, but are also aware of your employees’ competencies and development potential.
The subject’s content
- management theory
- personal leadership style/development
- learning and development processes
- conflict management
Your benefit from this subject
With this subject you will be given the competencies to:
- understand general practice-related management theories
- understand different leadership requirements and expectations from employees, colleagues and top management
- analyse your own time and use different personal planning tools
- assess various managerial modes of efficiency in the specific leadership situations and apply them in practice
- understand the importance of dialogue as a leadership tool and take into account and understand the communication situation and its impact on your effectiveness
- use appropriate tools when you present messages and issues
- work with your own learning and competency development
- spar with others and create a basis for their development
- understand and analyse various conflict types and understand the fundamental nature of the conflict
- assess the conflict and on this basis, choose between different conflict resolution models.
Teaching based on practical learning
The teaching is based on practical learning. Your learning transpires through a combination, where you get new knowledge from presentations, experiments, experience and reflection. The teaching is therefore largely based on the assumption that you will be active and contribute with your own experience – both in the classroom and in your group.
Exam and ECTS
You finish the course with an oral exam which is combined with a business case. You will be marked according to the Danish 7-point scale. 'Leadership in Practice' gives 10 ECTS.
Flexible further education
With a qualifying part-time programme from Business Academy Aarhus, you have excellent flexibility. You can take a single subject, an entire programme or tailor-make your own programme that best matches your needs and desires.