#disruption 4: Group dynamics in interdisciplinary teams
Dr. Are Holen, M.D., Ph.D., Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Are Holen M.D., Ph.D. is currently Professor Emeritus at Dept. of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim.
His main areas of research are academic teaching with special emphasis on group dynamics and communication skills, and also, studies of extreme stress, relaxation and meditation. He is trained both as a psychologist and as a medical doctor. He is a psychiatrist and has served as a psychotherapist.
Are Holen has had academic positions in Norway and the US and he is well-known for his scientific works on the study of people in crisis after accidents, disasters and other major life events.
Introduction to disruption
- Challenges in interdisciplinary teamwork training
- Fostering interaction and sharing resources
- Role sharing, subgroup formation and hierarchies
- The importance of reflective activities among students
- What to do and not to do when facilitating
- Exploring knowledge, technical and human capabilities of the team