Get a Buddy
When you are accepted into Business Academy Aarhus as an international student, we offer you the opportunity to get a Buddy and join our Academy's Buddy Programme.
The deadline to sign-up to participate in the Buddy programme in the Autumn is 24 August. The sooner you apply, the quicker we can pair you with your Buddy.
During your first semester, your Buddy will help you settle in and answer any questions you may have. In addition to this, you and your Buddy will take part in a number of social and business related activities. These activities are exclusively for students who are part of the Buddy programme. The purpose of these activities is to help you:
- build an international network
- get integrated into Danish society
- develop the personal and professional skills required to work internationally
A Buddy is a Danish or international student at Business Academy Aarhus, who has volunteered to welcome 2-3 new international students to Denmark and the Academy.
If you are a full degree international student:
- You apply for a Buddy online by filling out the application form.
- When you have sent your application, you will receive an e-mail from the International Office to confirm that we have received your application.
If you are an exchange student:
Your Buddy will be the Student Assistant at the International Office. This happens automatically so you don’t have to apply to get a Buddy. You will receive more information after you are admitted as an exchange student.
Before you begin your studies at Business Academy Aarhus:
- Your Buddy will contact you via e-mail to introduce themself and help answer any questions you may have.
- For instance, your Buddy can help you with information about:
- How to get from the airport to Aarhus
- What it is like to study at the Academy
- Where to find housing online (N.B. It is not your Buddy’s responsibility to find you a place to live. Your Buddy can only help you find out where to sign up for housing and where to look for housing)
- If your Buddy is unable to help you with your questions, they will refer you to International Office - email@example.com.
When you begin your studies at the Academy:
- Your Buddy can help with answers to practical questions. For instance:
- How to get a CPR number (and what a CPR number is!)
- How to get a mobile phone
- Where to get a cheap bike
- Your Buddy will participate in a number of social and business related activities with you during the semester. You can expect there to be about 1-2 activities per month.The activities vary from semester to semester, but an example activity could be:
- A Danish dinner at your Buddy’s home
- A Pub Quiz
- A networking workshop
- A seminar with professionals who have worked internationally
- In addition to these, your Buddy will plan 1-3 activities for you to do together during the semester.
- If you accept the offer of having a Buddy and join the Buddy programme we expect you to participate in all the planned activities. They are planned exclusively for your benefit, your Buddy and the other students who have signed up for the Buddy Programme.
- You can find more information about the activities in the current activity calendar.
You can expect to:
- Be introduced to life in Denmark and get help from a Buddy from Business Academy Aarhus.
- Meet and socialise with Danish and international students at Business Academy Aarhus.
- Participate in exclusive activities that help you build an international network and develop skills to work internationally.
- Is it free to join the Buddy Programme activities?
International Office covers the expenses for the planned activities in the activity calendar, so yes - it is basically free to join the Buddy Programme. You can, however, expect to have some small expenses in relation to the activities. For instance, you may need to buy a bus ticket to get to an activity.
- I’m an exchange student – can I join the Buddy Programme?
The Buddy programme is not for exchange students. As an exchange student, you get International Office’s student assistant as a Buddy and they will answer your practical questions etc. You will receive more information about the help you can get from the student assistant when you are admitted as an exchange student to Business Academy Aarhus.