SU Office

SU is Danish state educational support.

Danish citizens

Find information about SU for Danish students (only in Danish)

International citizens

If you are not a Danish citizen, you have to meet certain requirements in order to be able to receive SU. 

See the current rules and regulations regarding SU for an international citizen

How to apply 

You can apply for SU from 10 August (study start in August) or 10 January (study start in January).

You must apply for SU by filling in the application form online at

Remember to: 

  • state that you are an international citizen
  • fill in the form (5 pages) that will be available via a link in the application proces

When you have filled in the online forms, print them out, sign them and bring them to the SU Office during opening hours.

You must also bring a copy of your:

  • Passport/ID
  • Job contract
  • Residence permit
  • Your latest payslip (if you have one)

The processing time is normally 2 months – but can be longer in certain busy times. The Danish Agency for Higher Education and Educational Support decides whether or not to grant you SU. 

Feel free to contact us if you need any help


Opening hours – for personal and telephone enquiries

Monday: 9.00-11.00 and 14.00-15.00
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: 9.00-11.00
Thursday: 9.00-11.00
Friday: Closed

The SU Office can be found at Student Services Centre at Søndehøj 30 in Viby. You can call us by phone +45 7228 6084

When the office is closed, we can be reached via email. Please provide your phone number in all email enquiries so that we can phone you back.

Meet our SU Counsellors

Ulla Nørgaard

Ulla Kirstine Nørgaard

SU Counsellor

Majbrit Kold Bjørndal Eskesen

Majbrit Kold Bjørndal-Eskesen

SU Counsellor

Contact the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Educational Support

You can phone the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Educational Support at 7231 7900