Get a student as an intern
Prepare for the future. Every year a large number of companies cooperate with our students concerning their internship.
An internship cooperation is a golden opportunity for you and your company to:
- implement analyses, development tasks, calculations, campaigns or design assignments for example that otherwise there would not be time for
- get new ideas, new angles and new knowledge
- get a good recruitment base and the opportunity to try out a prospective employee in practice
- get help solving daily tasks in the company
How to get in an intern
You can find an intern by placing an advert in our job portal
It’s free, and your advert will be available to all students who are looking for an internship company.
Which competencies does your company need?
We offer a variety of higher education programmes, and our students therefore represent a very wide range of different competencies.
Click on the various programmes to read more about the possibilities of an internship cooperation:
Biotechnical, Food and Process Technology
Environment and Agriculture
IT and Technology
Requirements for the internship company
In order to ensure the company and the student have a good internship period; we have a number of requirements for our internship companies:
- An internship company must have sufficient resource capacity to offer the intern. We have experienced that a one-man company, in which the student accounts for the owner’s entire production capacity, does not fit the internship concept, just as it is not optimal that a company bases its operation solely on interns each semester.
- As a general rule, an internship company can only have 1 intern per 5 employees and the number of interns should not make up more than half of the employees.*
- Please note that a student at an undergraduate level must be able to solve tasks on a more advanced level than a student studying at the Academy Profession level.
However, when the quality of a specific internship is assessed, the following aspects will be taken into consideration as well:
- Is there an academic adviser committed to the individual intern?
- Are the work assignments specific and varying?
- Do the tasks have a professional relevance and do they provide the student with a good foundation for learning during the internship period?
* This is an exception in a start-up where a company with a few employees may have a sufficient number of development projects or ongoing innovation processes for the learning objectives of an intern to be fulfilled.
Build a bridge to new markets with an international intern
Did you know that each year international students from Business Academy Aarhus take their internships in Danish or International companies?
A strong network across national borders is important for your company’s ability to operate in an international market.
With an international intern, you can strengthen your international network because the company can draw on the student’s unique knowledge, language skills and cultural understanding of a given region.
How can an international intern help?
The students must do an internship as part of their educational programme. Therefore, they have up to date theoretical knowledge that has already been tried in practice through appropriate project collaborations. The student can therefore contribute positively to the company’s strategy by both giving you new knowledge and solving ordinary tasks.
An international intern can contribute specifically in relation to:
- opening doors to new foreign markets
- maintaining and strengthening cooperation with existing foreign affiliates, for example by communicating in the local language
- providing valuable insight into a country’s or a region’s history, customs and culture
- adding openness and understanding to your company concerning other cultures, for example by using their own cultural background and recently acquired theoretical knowledge
Contact us or prepare a job advert right now
Do you want to have an international student as an intern? Or do you have questions about internships? Contact our Career Centre at email@example.com or phone +45 7228 6060 - so that we can help you. You can also find an intern by placing an advert in our job portal
The procedure is the same whether you choose a Danish or an international intern.